Skip to main content

Featured

Delight in Preaching God's Word Always- Isaiah 6:9 -13

  "Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed."  (Isaiah 6:10). Polycarp, who lived in the first generation after the apostles, was born in Smyrna and later became the bishop of the city. He was the last survivor of those who had talked with the eyewitnesses of Jesus. As a very old man, he was arrested, tried and condemned. When asked to renounce his faith in Christ, he replied, "Eighty-six years have I served him and he hath done me no wrong. How can I speak evil of my King who saved me? He was set ablaze. But the flames refused to consume him, he was killed with the sword and then burned. Isaiah was commissioned to a spiritually insensitive people, a people who were dull of hearing. They were dull of hearing because they had no interest in hearing the word of God preached. Thus, the prophet voiced his frustration because of the fut

Prayer in time of Comfort



Isaiah 51:15-16

For I am the Lord your God, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar - the Lord Almighty is his name. I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand - I who set the heavens in place, who laid the foundations of the earth, and who say to Zion, “You are my people.”

PRAYER :   Lord God Almighty, your eyes watch over the whole world. We come before you with the evils that surround us still clinging to us. Shelter our lives in your hands. Give us your strength to win through, even in suffering and need. For we are yours, O Lord our God. You have chosen your people to strengthen them and to free them from all evil. We beseech you to help us. May we feel your presence among us. May your Word bear fruit in us to the everlasting honor of your name.
Amen.

Have a blessed day.

Comments

People also like

PRESS RELEASE